Studio One Arizona Dance Company has achieved a reputation throughout the dance industry for the superior quality of its education and artistic training. Under the direction of Rachael Reyes, Studio One Arizona Dance Company aims to create well rounded dancers in ballet, tap, jazz, modern, contemporary, hip hop, improvisation, and gymnastics while promoting the importance of inclusion, friendship, discipline, and hard work.
Studio One was founded in 2005 in Vail, Arizona, and is a family owned business. Studio One currently enrolls 250 - 350 students throughout the year and will be celebrating 16 years of business this season.
The mission of Studio One Arizona Dance Company is to provide the highest caliber of education to dancers so that they may achieve their greatest potential as artist and community leaders.
To achieve this mission, Studio One has 5 goals:
1. Studio One Arizona Dance Company will provide an educational environment that allows for intellectual, artistic, and personal growth and prepares students for a successful career and life as future artists and leaders.
2. Studio One Arizona Dance Company will continue to elevate it's standards every year, remaining responsive to the changes in the performance art community.
3. Studio One Arizona Dance Company faculty will be made up of instructors in various disciplines who all share the same passion, love, and understanding for movement and education.
4. Studio One Arizona Dance Company will provide an educational atmosphere that fosters friendship.
5. Studio One Arizona Dance Company will take an active role in shaping the performance arts community by being active members in Southern Arizona, and encouraging students to be advocates for the arts.
artistic director & owner
Graduate from the University of Arizona, Eller College of Management: Bachelors in Business Management and Pre-Law.
20 years of teaching experience
Graduate from Saint Paul University in Manila, Philippines: Bachelors in Science in Food and Nutrition, and Associates in Early Childhood Education.
Mother of 4, Grandmother of 4
Associates in Fine Arts from Pima Community College, and currently a student at Southern New Hampshire University in Psychology.
Ninth year as Faculty at Studio One
Graduated from City of Islington College, London with a National Diploma in Dance. Two-time first place Gold Medalist at Hip Hop International Competition.
Eighth year as Faculty at Studio One.
Associates in Fine Arts from Pima Community College.
Seventh year as Faculty at Studio One
Graduate from the University of Arizona, Bachelors in Dance. She will be starting her Masters Degree in Dance this year at the University of Arizona.
Fifth year as Faculty at Studio One
Freshman at the University of Arizona. Graduating 2024 with a BFA in Dance and BS in Business. Male Dancer of the Year 2019 - 2020
Velocity Dance Competition.
Third year as Faculty at Studio One
Freshman at the University of Arizona. Graduating 2024 with a BFA in Dance and BS in Business. Beat Squad Member of Break the Floor Dance Productions
Second year as Faculty at Studio One